The style of stilettos is not only for your pretty little pumps but now your nails too! The long pointy claw like shape eludes a chic edge that can be personified based on the design. Like normal nail art one can add spikes, bling, and striking colors to convey their style.
Click on Photos for Closer View
Recently, stiletto nails have been the new rage for celebrities and fashionistas all over. Popular celebrities like, Rihanna, Fergie, Lady Gaga, and Beyonce were the first to hit the scene with this new fad. But these stars have prove that sending a text message, putting in contact lenses or strapping on high heels aren’t things to worry about when you have several assistants.
“Allegedly” these nails are more costly to keep up due to their geometric shape and sporadic designs. The average full set cost $30-$50 but these gals should run you a whooping $120 a pop according to clutchmagonline.com. (Now I’m sure you’re thinking, I know “Keke” up the street will do them for wayyyy cheaper than that.) If you don’t know a “Keke” Seventeen Magazine found a solution for you too!
FOR TEAM DIY (Do It Yourself)
What you’ll need:
- A set of glue-on nails (I used Kiss 100 Tips Long Square Tips which includes a bottle of nail glue!)
- A nail file
- 3 nail polishes
- Base & top coat (these are completely optional, but totally recommended!)
Before you start, give yourself a mini-mani! For best results, make sure your nails are polish-free and cuticles are pushed back.
- Apply a small drop of glue onto your nail bed. Tip: If you haven’t used this stuff before, a little goes a long way so don’t overdo it!
- Press on the nail as close to your cuticle as possible. If the nail is too big, just file the corners until it fits.
- Use scissors (or a nail clipper) to snip the ends at an angle.
- Using a coarse nail file, smooth out the sides until the desired shape is achieved.
- Paint on a base coat and then a nude polish over the entire nail.
- Towards the tip, swipe on a gold polish in a v-shape.
- Next, add the red polish over the gold. I opted for black for an extra vampy feel.
- Finally, add a top coat and your stiletto nail is complete!
Do you look forward to installing your first set of stilettos nails on your next salon visit!? Or is this just not ideal for the average women?
Hot or Not? Elle Cee or Messy? Post your comments below and “Tell Elle Cee ALL About It!”