As I stated previously, I lined up some new year resolutions for 2013 that will cause a drastic change to occur in my life. Well the blog is accomplished so why not share a piece of my new life ventures with my favorite people as a embark on a new journey.
For the start of 2013 my goal was to channel my religion more. I feel like I’ve lost touch spiritually, so I set out a plan to attend church EVERY Sunday (for starters). So far I’ve been to two services out of four but HEY its some progress! I wasn’t going at all for a while BUT I really do enjoy the services when I do attend. So I thought to myself why not get this inspirational vitamin every week. It can only help me as a person.
Seeing that the last few times I attended church I was highly motivated, I would like to share my learning’s with you all. These teachings help get me through the week with confidence and encourages me to positively look forward to the future and all the great endeavors it has to offer.
SO with that being said. I’d like to share some inspirational advice I got on Sunday. The main message was to:
WALK IN CONFIDENCE!
Hmmm… How Do We Gain Confidence?
Confidence is the belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing. If you put “Self” in front of confidence it alters the definition to: Self Confidence which is the belief in the powers, trustworthiness, and reliability of oneself. When someone is confident in themselves or others they can often times predict the outcomes of their actions as well as the actions of others effectively.Now that you know the definition of Confidence lets explore the steps to gain confidence.
1. BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE!
Stay positive! Things can only get better when life feels like it’s at its all time low. Be strong and fight through the war and you’re sure to win the battle. One must take the initiative when advancing to a higher stage in life. God will not advance you into the next chapter if you are not ready. Once you’ve proven yourself to him he will deem you success. You determine how long it will take to arrive at your destiny. Make it a short trip by staying strong, having courage and making good choices. Don’t doubt yourself, you can do anything you put your mind to.
What causes us to doubt?
- Comparing myself to others: If you keep comparing yourself to others you will never truly be happy. God makes his children like snowflakes, no one is alike. You are your own unique being and have a specific role to play in life. If you attempt to play the role of someone else you disrupt the dynamics of what God is trying to build.
- Past Failures: Don’t dwell on things in your past. Those things occurred in order to teach you a lesson. Learn from it and use those experiences to make you a better person today. Your failures only make your voyage to success more entertaining and may give others, who may be going through your past experience at the current time, the strength and courage to get through it.
“Be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Josuha 1:9 (LB)
2. LOOK FOR A PROMISE FROM GOD
Three Promises to Those Who Serve God
- Strength “Joshua, no one will be able to defeat you as long as you live, I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will always be with you; I will never abandon you.” Joshua 1:5 (GNT)
- Success “But you must be stong and brave about obeying the commands my servant Moses gave you. If you follow his teachings exactly, you will be successful in everything you do.” Joshua 1:7 (ERV)
- Support “Have I not commanded you. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discourages, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
“Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know that not one of all the good promises God gave us has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.” Joshua 23:14 (NIV)
3. LEAN ON THE LORD “No one will be able to defeat you all your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forget you.” Joshua 1:5 (NCV)
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (NASB)
4. LAUNCH OUT IN FAITH “Then Joshua issued instructions to the leaders of Israel to tell the people to get ready to cross the Jordan River.” Joshua 1:10-11 (LB)
“If you wait for perfect conditions, you’ll never get anything done!” Ecclesiastes 11:4 (LB)
Throughout the week test your level of confidence and adjust it accordingly if need be to start the creation of the better you! Feel free to share your experiences by posting your comments below, “Tell Elle Cee ALL About It!”